All rules subject to change prior to race start
- You must be 18 or older, and fill out the required waiver and paperwork to participate in the race.
- Helmets are required
- Lights are required after dusk and before dawn.
- RW24 organizers reserve the right to disqualify any participant of the race for any reason.
- Alcohol or illicit drugs are prohibited.
- Participants must obey all traffic laws.
- Solo: 1 rider and 1 bike
- Tandem: 2 riders and 1 tandem bike
- Convoy: 3-6 people on bikes riding together. This can be 3 people on 3 bikes, 4 people on 1 tandem and 2 bike, 6 people on 1 art bike, we don't care, as long as it's 3-6 people riding together!
- Perfect Strangers: Everyone that selects this class will be randomly paired up with someone else who selected Perfect Strangers. Together, you will ride as a two person team. Make new friends!
- Team A: 2-6 riders and 1 bike. Split the 24 hours with your team, but if your bike breaks you need to fix it.
- Team B: 2-6 riders and 2-6 bikes. Split the 24 hours with your team and enjoy the comfort of riding your own bike.
- Elder: Solo, or team, all riders 55+
Laps and Manifests
- One lap equals four checkpoints (this does not include bonus checkpoints) completed in order and marked on the manifest. A manifest is completed by making ten full laps.
- When a manifest is full, turn it in at the start/finish line (checkpoint #4) to receive a new manifest.
- A manifest is only counted as complete if all checkpoints have been visited and verified, this also includes the final lap.
- No points will be awarded for a lost manifest, return to start/finish line to receive a new manifest.
- No laps awarded until manifest is turned in.
- No manifest will be accepted after 7:15pm Saturday night, turn them in whether they are complete or not to be counted.
- There can only be one member of a team active on the course at a time unless you are in the tandem class.
- In order to have a manifest punched, Solo, Tandem, and Team A must be on their tagged bike. All riders must have wristband on.
- Bonus Checkpoints are optional (but strongly encouraged)
- A completed bonus checkpoint is worth a random number of points to be determined after the bonus checkpoint has closed and the paperwork is returned to the starting line.
- Each bonus checkpoint location is autonomous, and has created their own prerequisite for marking a bonus manifest. Riders will be required to sign themselves as COMPLETE at the bonus checkpoints.
- Slow Down when riding through block parties.
- Don't be a jerk! Respect the community.
- That is why we are throwing this race, because we love our neighborhood.